Monday, April 24, 2006

Maybe tomorrow

My lead oncologist here at the Transplant Center came in a few minutes ago and gave me some real hope. He said that the neupogen shots I have been getting for the past five days in a row should push me over the 1.0 line by tomorrow. That would allow them to release me from the outpatient setting.

He said he was sure I would rather sleep in my own bed and eat from my own refrigerator. I smiled and nodded. He said it was not a promise, but he felt very strongly that my numbers would be where they need to be to get me out of here.







Let's hope! I am pretty run down now. Having had these low counts for over a week has drained a lot of energy out of me. I am sure that getting home will let me rest a lot more peacefully. Oscar and Monika will be there to cheer me up and make me feel loved -- not just cared for as I do here.

Let's hope.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that certainly sounds encouraging! I heard the other day:

    "Enthusiasm is the best protection in any situation."

    If that’s the case, you might just be doing a bit better than you feel.

    ReplyDelete