Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's Not Like They Show In The Movies!


I saw it myself - maybe you did too - actually almost all the adventure or action movies do it now. All you have to do is walk through this machine - like a doorway, but it doesn't have walls all the way around it. Then in about a minute or so, they can see exactly 'you'

They had a lot of news about it earlier this year. One company made this machine that could take a picture of you that was so realistic, all the reporters who saw it said it was looking at a completely nude person. And there was a Discovery Channel program that showed the same thing too.

Because of all of those really cool and really entertaining shows, nearly everybody believes that it only takes about 22 seconds to take a totally accurate picture of your body.

Then why do I have to plan on lying totally still (they said I could breathe -- just gently) for ONE WHOLE HOUR so they can make a picture of just one little part of me?

They need me to lay still inside a CT scanner. Those are really accurate! Then they are going to take that three dimensional picture and make a plan on how to shoot radiation blasts at the tissue all inside my sacrum to make it shrink down, all the way down; I think.

But again; all those movies like, "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" make that happen in about 9 seconds. And that includes the whole total person. Gee Whiz!

So I guess I have to wake up, smell the coffee, Get Real, Man! and Get My Head Out Of The Clouds! Real life stuff is not what they do in the movies.

And nobody wants to come and watch this, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the CT. Have you ever had the Serum Free Light Test? If you have them routinely they might indicate the recurrence of myeloma before other indicators. What type of myeloma do you have, IgG Kappa, IgA Kappa ... etc..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry -
    We re-did the kappa test last Wednesday, I do not know why I have not received results yet. I will call tomorrow morning to find out. I will also look up which kind I have from my early lab tests so they are fresh when I hear the new lab results.

    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete