Saturday, March 20, 2010

Again! Same Story -- No Conclusive Results

The sample they sent to the lab did not have sufficient tissue for analysis.

Dr S says that is a negative result that is useful to me -- in that we again do NOT have evidence of myeloma.

That's the fourth test that FAILS to deliver ANY evidence that myeloma is attacking me.


And .... (okay a small drum roll would be okay here...) I have been free of pain for over a week. Not even an aspirin for over a week! The dexamethasone has worked like a charm [- though I cannot control my appetite & my belly sticks way out like a pear belly already a week -- but my weight is stable -- it's just that I eat in weird uncontrolled binges -- then couch potato the rest of the time- ] and Dr S says I can pull it down to 2mg 2x day from the 4mg 2x day where it was.

So; what should we do? How much do we care WHAT caused the swelling / inflammation inside the bone? It's not swollen or bulging or pushing on nerves NOW!

Dr S is going to discuss the MRI, the PET/CT, the 2 sets of lab results from the biopsies, the negative/normal M-protein, the low Beta2, the overall excellent blood counts, the relief of negative symptoms & freedom from pain -- with a neurosurgeon, a Dr D [ looks like he has written a bunch of articles on this area - fwiw] & he'll call me once they have a new idea ...

Color me curious...
{the color of curiousity is green --I just found out -- as in the background of this pic from our honeymoon -- }

No comments:

Post a Comment