Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We're Going For Lucky #3

The results are not everything they could have been. We did not get total relief from the pain. We got a bit of relief though. There is nearly no pain in my keister (my fanny) but it still sends signals that hit me in that very same spot, then run down to the muscle in the middle of the back of my left leg like microscopic drag racers burnin' up the tracks!

As long as I take the medication Dr L has prescribed on a regular schedule, I am fine -- no racing allowed. But if I let it go too long once the pain starts rising up, then pushing it back down takes a lot longer. And before the meds can shut down the nitro-fueled funny cars again I end up feeling pretty awful for a while.

Rather than try to get the timing of the meds just right, we are going to go for another epidural. There is a third spot that might shut down the races for a longer period of time -- not permanently, but hopefully for months and months. We're going to take that shot on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment