Monday, February 22, 2010

Lucky Me!

Well, not  exactly ...

I've got another backache that won't go away.

Dr Salwitz sent me for a new MRI. And it looks like some nerves are getting pinched ... again. It took about 30 seconds for him to get around to suggesting we consider radiation to reduce the swelling. And believe me, that sounds great since it will probably free up those nerves in a snap. Even so, the pain isn't so bad that I want to go running in too fast. Maybe we could figure out just what is going on / how much of it is going on / where is it going on / stuff like that ... y'know.

All right. So. This Friday the 'Interventional Radiologist' (fancy new term I just learned - here's the wiki entry) will do a 'Guided Needle Biopsy of the Sacrum' right into the center of the spot pushing on those nerves back there. The results of that plus a total analysis of the two or three buckets of blood they are taking from me on Thursday will = a bunch of new information.

If you drop by early next week I'll try to have an update posted.

Ok. That's all I have to say about that

No comments:

Post a Comment